Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Action Dammit, Action !

I now have a position for the rest of the season on so many teams that it's interfering with my daily match betting ! I have to bite the bullet and double up on the teams I like where appropriate.

Bolton and Everton are tempting in the Premiership, but not quite priced to my liking, so once again we drop down to the Championship in our hunt for value. Coventry are in excellent form [1], having beaten Leeds and Sheffield United recently, and can make it a treble against wobbling promotion-chasers as they host Preston, still without main man David Nugent. Millwall are good value at odds-against in their relegation clash against Brighton, and Sheffield Wednesday are still a team to keep on the right side of, they entertain mid-table Burnley today. I also can't resist a small punt on QPR at home to bottom of the table Crewe. The Rangers players made the unusual step of publishing a statement on Thursday, taking full responsibility for the defeat to Stoke and promising to put it right today. I was wondering whether to stump up £30 for this game or not, but I'm going to go. Some fresh air, and I'll get it back in the Vic afterwards :-)

Further down (action dammit, action !) Blackpool are worth a nibble at home to Walsall in a huge relegation 6-pointer (aren't they all in League One), and I think Brentford are tough enough to beat Colchester at Layer Road. And tempted as I am to back Barnet and lay Wycombe, that's probably enough for one day :

Back Coventry, 4 pts @ 2.4
Back Millwall, 4 pts @ 2.04
Back Sheff Wed, 4 pts @ 2.16
Back QPR, 2 pts @ 1.9
Back Blackpool, 3 pts @ 2.24
Back Brentford, 2 pts @ 3.4

[1] I just remembered they lost 4-1 to Crewe last time out. A blip ...

Results : Doh. 1/6 no good. And Southampton won, and Birmingham drew, and I should have laid Wycombe. Fortunately I got it back in the Vic. By winning £12. Which gives you an idea of what stakes I back my judgement with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home