Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Once More Unto The Breach

Back in the saddle, and so forth. Blackburn are my go-to guys at the moment and they are worthy of the maximum investment at home to Middlesboro, who must be due some kind of UEFA Cup hangover. In my opinion punters have over-reacted to the news that West Ham are going to field a weakened side against Portsmouth today. I also think that the "desperation factor" of teams facing relegation counts for least in the Premiership where the quality gap has the most effect. Finally in League Two Wycombe still look uncertain and I think that improving (and desperate) Torquay can nick something off them. Selectivity being the cornerstone of value betting, that's your lot.

I'm off to Loftus Road again today and a low score looks on the cards. Feel free to back under 2.5 goals in this one, if you trust me after what happened in the week ! I'm going to abstain myself, I don't want to be in Dom's position last week where a Rangers goal costs me money ... I know I'm a wuss.

Selections :

Back Blackburn, 5 pts @ 1.8
Back West Ham, 4 pts @ 2.28
Lay Wycombe, 4 pts @ 1.75

3 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've become horribly addicted to the overs and unders and was mighty relieved to see Swansea get a late winner against Brentford last night for 2-1. Sick stuff. Anyway no bets from me today, although looking at that West Ham price...

    Dom

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    I hope you didn't mate, that was the red-headed stepchild of today's bets ...

    Quite pleased with Wycombe although I would have preferred a draw ! Rushen beating Orient was a double bubble bad result. The bottom of League Two is mad now. Some poor sods are going to get kicked out of the league on goal difference on the last day.

    Andy.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thought better of it luckily.

    Interesting that ALL of the teams with midweek FA Cup dates who played today lost. What chance Chelsea tomorrow? Errr, none probably.

    Cracking Wycombe bet!

    Shame about the O's.

    Dom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home