Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Shut Up Brain, Or I'll Stab You With A Q-Tip

It will be on with the thermal underwear and off to Underhill tomorrow for Barnet v Carlisle, so I won't be able to track the odds till kick off. I was doing better when I was just making tips up instead of thinking about them, so my top tips for the weekend on about 1 minute's thought are as follows :

Back QPR (+1.0) A to Sheffield Utd ; Rangers are the biggest underdogs in the Championship tomorrow but we have a good record against Sheffield United and had a good go against Palace last time out by all accounts. Worth a nibble.

Lay Carlisle A to Barnet ; Barnet are no pushovers at Underhill and I can see them avoiding defeat even though Carlisle are flying. If Carlisle should win I can just make stuff up about how lucky they were and who'll know the difference.

Back Blackburn (0 & 0.5) H to Arsenal ; I predict more domestic woe for Arsenal despite a great result in midweek, or perhaps because of (hangover effect).

Back Bolton H v Fulham (Sunday) : I can't believe Bolton are just shy of even money to win this under any circumstances. I don't think the UEFA cup defeat will hurt them that much.

Back West Brom H v Middlesboro (Sunday) : after pulling out 2 performances in big games, Boro will be back to can't be arsed form at the Hawthorns.

4 points on each at whatever you can get close to kick-off.

Results : 3/5 is certainly an improvement on last week. Would have been a nice touch if I had backed Rangers outright ! Makes 3/8 overall, - 8 points, give or take. In the real world I forgot to place one of the bets today. Guess which one. Marvellous. I'm a bit concerned that Birmingham might catch West Brom now. City's next two games are Boro away and West Brom at home which should clear the waters one way or the other.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm getting confused, who's blog is this ?

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Fred Titmus said…

    I've found Stevie Bennett's nrw website!

    http://www.invisiblewall.net/

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://forums.invisiblewall.net/viewtopic.php?t=160

    I think this proves Stevie's already been on the forum

    Dom

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    It's never good as a footballer when your nickname contains the word "Invisible".

    Andy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home