Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Place To Be

I was toying with the idea of going to Barnet on Saturday, they're playing Peterboro who racked up 8 against Accchhhhrington Schtanley the other night. However, Rangers have sucked me in with the old "tickets running out fast" ploy. Seriously, it said on the site today they had already sold 14,000 for the visit of those glamour-boy crowd-pullers Barnsley. Heady times indeed. I seem to waver on a daily basis between thinking "this is really exciting" and "this is kind of fake and a bit lame". I expect I will settle down in the middle in time.

As for Underhill that can wait till Tuesday when the Bees take on Swindon in the 3rd round replay. It would be very interesting to see how they handle having 3 days to sell tickets for the visit of Fulham, given the fiasco last time they actually had to handle a high demand (the relegation showdown against Torquay). But that's a very big if right now. It was quite a surprise to see the Bees triumph away to league leaders Franchise FC last weekend though, so we'll see.

Update : One final FA Cup point, does anyone else want to see Havant & Waterlooville get absolutely battered at Anfield ? Like 15-0 ? Or is that just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home