Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Nailed On These Are

I like the look of today's line-up. First up two home wins in the Premiership, Everton to beat Fulham and Blackburn to beat Aston Villa, both generously priced at 1.98. Everton are better than Fulham. Blackburn are better than Villa. Analysis complete.

QPR are well worth a nibble away to Sheffield Wednesday, and Leeds can keep the pressure on Sheffield United by despactching Norwich at Elland Road. Finally Colchester are having a major wobble-up in League One and could well come unstuck again at Oldham.

Summary :

Everton, 5 pts @ 1.98
Blackburn, 5 pts @ 1.98
QPR, 3 pts @ 2.94
Leeds, 4 pts @ 1.74
Oldham, 3 pts @ 2.44

The biggest betting game for me today is Birmingham v West Brom. I'm effectively on WBA here already for a load of points. I'm not going to press it any further with a match bet. There's also an interesting game at Fratton Park where my least favourite Prem manager takes on the legendary Stuart Pearce. The funny thing is, I can see Portsmouth winning this, they're in the last chance saloon and City are poor travellers. I can't bring myself to back them though.

Results : 3/5 for +6.4 points, not bad. Both my maximum bets obliged by two goals, and Oldham nicked it in injury time. Never in doubt. West Brom should have walked it by all accounts but a draw's OK.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger The Camel said…

    I've had more bets today on the football than any other Saturday of the season:

    Here goes nothing:

    Luton 11/10, Preston 6/5 (although that price is probably long gone), The mighty R's at 3.2, Ipswich 1.8.

    And just for kicks and good times I've laid Reading at 1.73 at home to Watford.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    saved my money for today's Arse v Liverpool game and the under 2.5 goals bet at 4/6. Off to the game now, probably be a goals fest!

    Enjoying this blog a lot more than the multiple poker ones that I waste my time reading.


    Cheers

    Dom

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    How did it go when Henry scored the winner ? YESSSSSSSSSSSS .. no wait, bollocks :-)

    Andy.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bad case of heart ruling head there andy, qpr were never going to win at hillsborough...draw was always the most likely. Not that I had that either.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bah, It should've been 1-0!

    Back to the drawing board.

    Dom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home