Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Valley Of Death

I received a begging letter from Charlton Athletic this morning, saying please please please come to some more of our games. Please ! We still have tickets for Arsenal on Saturday ! You'd think they'd be embarrassed about that but apparently necessity over-rides their shame. Last time I was there, there were a lot of empty seats, on close examination, because they do the common trick where the seats are red so aren't so obviously empty among the red shirts.

Chief Executive Peter Varney might have spared himself the cost of a stamp in my case, not to mention the time dictating my personal letter, because I already blagged a ticket for Arsenal earlier in the week. Arsene Wenger has been at Arsenal for 10 years now and I've never seen his team play, so it's long overdue (fortunately I was absent when Arsenal reserves gubbed QPR 6-0 in the FA Cup). I hope Henry's playing, but having said that, they played pretty damn well without him at Old Trafford. And begging letters notwithstanding, Charlton's a pretty good deal for Premiership football. £20 for most games, £35 for the big nobs, not too hard to get to, nice ground, and, er, well at least the oppostion might play some decent stuff :-)

In other news, Martin Rowlands signed a contract extension today which is good news. This means that the only two QPR players who anyone could possibly want to buy (Rowlands and Cook) are now signed up for the medium term. I didn't realise that Rowlands has scored 20 goals from midfield in 107 games for Rangers, that's damn good considering he can actually pass and tackle as well, unlike certain other self-obsessed pie-eating "goalscoring midfielders" we know and love !

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm worried by our defence which (if Djorou and Gallas doesn't recover) will be Eboue, Toure, Gilberto and Hoyte.

    The boy Rosicky is a bit special so look out for him.

    Hope Hasselbaink doesn't have his usual great game against us.

    Should be a good game. Enjoy.

    Dom

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    Hasselbaink's not the player he was, nowhere near.

    Put him down for a hat-trick then with my bokking powers :-)

    Andy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home