Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Football / Corruption Shock

Quite the least surprising thing about the great bungs expose is that everyone who gets caught comes out with the classic Grobbelaar defence - "Ah ha, I was just saying that to find out who he was working for". Yeah great. And I suppose you and your friends drive around in a van solving mysteries all the time. Or at least every Tuesday afternoon (those were the days).

Back in the real world though, if I was just pretending to do something completely corrupt in order to nobly investigate the problem myself, the first thing I would do is contact the authorities to keep them informed and make sure I was in the clear from the start, right ? Right ? Where'd he go ? He was here a minute ago ...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Fred Titmus said…

    As a QPR fan, you should be less worried about corruption, and more about incompetence.

    John Gregory!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    Oh my goodness. And to think that The Camel and I were blithely discussing QPR in the Vic this evening with absolutely no idea this had happened.

    More on this tomorrow when I've got my head round it !

    Andy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home