Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Instant Karma

I don't mean to make sport of Eduardo's injury but in its way this is pretty funny. The Camel said to me when we met up at Loftus Road, "What price will you lay me that Steve Bruce will say 'He's not a malicious player' in response to the tackle" ? Instead of booking the action on the spot my good nature forbore me to do so, and I instead pointed out that he could have 1000 if he wanted because Steve Bruce now manages Wigan, not Birmingham.

Then today, via the Telegraph :

"Wigan manager Bruce, who signed Taylor from Blackburn in February 2004 in his time at St Andrews, said: "I was watching it and you are very saddened.
"But let me tell you Martin Taylor is the biggest, gentlest man. There will be nobody more upset and sickened than him.
"He is an absolute model professional who would never cause you any problem. With 'Big Tiny', I worked with him for a few years, and there is not a bad bone in his body.
"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mistimed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

Some would say it is not even a yellow card, lol. Some would also say that Steve Bruce is a cunt. At least I dodged a bullet that would have stopped many a ruthless gambler :-);

1 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The kindest gentlest man in football...

    Hs concern for his fellow professional is on display here:

    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/england/article1906193.ab?service=galleryFlash

    Pics 4, 5 and 6, the first especially.


    Frode

     

Post a Comment

<< Home