Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tis The Season

Oh right, so we're off again then. Here are some bets. No paralysis by analysis, I basically just either like or dislike these teams this season, and then it's a case of backing/opposing them most effectively.

Premiership :

Tottenham to win w/o Big 4, 4 pts @ 2.4
Bolton to be relegated, 2 pts @ 6.4

Also if anyone wants to bet Arsenal vs (Tottenham + 6pts), let me know, although I reserve the right to withdraw this offer after today's game :-).

Championship :

QPR Handicap +28pts, 1 pt @ 17 (haha)
Scunthorpe to be relegated, 4 pts @ 2.34

League One :

Oldham to be promoted, 2 pts @ 5.3
Leeds to be relegated, 1 pt @ 3.8 (just for fun)

League Two :

There's no handicap in this division. Fuck it, Barnet for promotion, 1 pt @ 12.5 .

As for today, I can't resist Leeds to kick off on the right foot by losing at Tranmere, 5 pts @ 2.3. I liked the look of Blackpool in the playoff final and they're on a roll from last season, so lay Leicester at home to them, 5 pts @ 1.96. I expect Crystal Palace to suck ass this season, so let's go Southampton 5 pts @ 2.06. Finally a long-ish shot in the Championship, Colchester have lost some key players, but are still probably under-rated and could easily get something from Sheffield United, lay United 3 pts @ 1.59.

Finally, if you're expecting me to comment on Formula 1 moguls taking over QPR, I'll wait and see till it happens, and even then, who knows how things might turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home