Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Barnet 1 Wrexham 2

Meh. I really only went to this game for the sake of it and my attention was wandering almost from the start. In the unlikely event that anyone's interested, Barnet's Oliver Allen (son of Clive) showed that he has the goalscoring gene by scooping the Bees into a first half lead, but Wrexham's barrel-like striker Lee McEvilly scored a fine 20-yarder and added a header three minutes later while Barnet were still wobbling. The end.

I don't want to go into a big "fings aint wot they used to be" rant but I fear it's coming at some point. More likely it's just me, and going to football on my own just isn't much of a thrill any more, maybe because I quit work and now every day's Saturday, but in the end maybe because I've just outgrown it. I don't mean this to sound depressing, I really just feel a bit flat with it. Anyway, in the Championship, Rangers lost again but so did everyone else. If we do go down we'll only have ourselves to blame if we can't finish above three of the shower in the bottom six right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home