Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday In

Not a great day for football today with Barnet away, Rangers playing on Monday and all of one Premiership game this afternoon. Still, there's no point anyone involved moaning about that now, you all took the money quickly enough. I'll be going to the game on Monday, I do expect Rangers to at least have a go whatever happens, although the script (opponents also struggling, live on Sky) points to a banker away win.

The real reason for this post though is that I have been remiss in not applauding Barnet recently. In the two games I've seen this season they looked solid at the back, played good football in midfield but seemed to lack a punch up front. Since Adam Burchill found his shooting boots though the Bees have shot up the table with four wins in a row, and fought off the Manager Of The Month Curse to boot. This is a very pleasant surprise given all the players Barnet ended up selling before the season (Kandol to Leeds, Sinclair to Charlton, King to Gillingham and Bailey to Southend). Well done to them and more of the same to come I hope, I can't make it to Underhill for another couple of weeks but I'll be back there soon enough. Fairclough for Loftus Road :-). Seriously, we could (and quite easily might) do a lot worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home