Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Big Sigh Of Relief

Dennis Wise to manage Swindon Town.

Maybe he's not that bad a manager but I really didn't want someone running the shop at QPR who I have so little respect for. I felt the same when Vinny Jones arrived as a player (and look how that turned out).

There will be a lot of turns on the managerial merry-go-round this summer, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm throwing my (not inconsiderable :-)) weight behind Gary Waddock, I'd like to see him take the job permanently (in as much as any managerial job is permanent, ie not very).

Decent game last night while I'm here ; it's perplexing that they appointed a referee who isn't considered good enough to go to the World Cup, and he wasn't the best. IMPO Arsenal benefitted from his largesse just as much as Barcelona did and the better team won.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger 89TJ said…

    I guess by Arsenal benefitting you're referring to the free kick for their goal. I don't agree with that anyway, but I certainly can't agree that the ref was even handed, particularly with what challenges he deemed card-worthy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home