Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kindly Old Uncle Alex

It's hard to imagine these gnarly managers as Werthers-sucking JR Hartley grandfather figures but they do have like families and wives who presumably don't get the full hair-dryer treatment for overdoing the Sunday roast. Although you never know. And not that kind of roast. But dammit all either Alex Ferguson is mellowing in his old age or I am, because he said some nice things about QPR yesterday that I liked :

Sir Alex On QPR

Just for that I'm going to give United the considerable boost of my funk power at the Bridge today. You can't deny the quality of football United have played for more than a decade, and it's easy for me to forget that sometimes when I don't watch TV games.

I'll probably catch the second half today in the pub when I make amends for being very remiss about getting up to Underhill lately. It's been all QPR QPR QPR and I've been busy with other stuff but I'm going to pop up today, partly because they're playing Stockport who are right in the thick of it so it's a big game for at least one team, and partly to have a look at this Albert Adomah who is attracting a lot of interest. Spring is finally here so it's a nice day to catch some fresh air, as fresh as the air gets in Barnet anyway :-)

Update : Bok, ldo.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent work! Any chance of you funking for Chelsea and United from now until the end of the season?

    Miracles do happen and all that

    Dom

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, with Titmus being on holiday, perhaps I could sub for him as arch-bok till he gets back.

    Andy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home