Despite His White Boots

Football, football, football and, if the mood takes me, more football.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Goals Goals Goals

QPR travel to table-topping Cardiff this evening and you simply must put some kind of bet on a high-scoring game. Rangers last 7 results are as follows : 3-2, 4-2, 3-3, 1-1, 2-3, 1-2, 3-3. All the overs look good on Betfair but Over 4.5 is an outstanding 11/2. I'd still call it odds against but it's huge value at that price. Rangers are improving slowly at the back but for the most part they're still comedy, and that sequence of results is no fluke. Cardiff have the division's top scorer in Chopra, and team news suggests that they will field a 19 year old debutant at right back. If you see Lee Cook salivating as he walks on to the pitch then you'll know why.

I have invested 10 large [1] on Over 4.5 @ 6.6 with another 10 as a saver on Over 2.5 @ 1.81.

[1] i.e. £10

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    garghhh.

    Never mind I'm sure the result cheered you up. Outstanding 3 points.

    PS Did you stay tuned for the boxing afterwards? Cracking fight.

    Dom

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Andy_Ward said…

    I was just reading another poker blog where the guys posts some NFL bets and says "I can't see how this could possibly go wrong".

    I'm sure he's joking but that was how I felt about this bet. Rangers keeping a clean sheet away to the league leaders was not on my "list of ways this could go wrong" that's for sure.

    Awesome result. Blackstock was talking about the play-offs on the website yesterday and if the Rs start keeping clean sheets that's by no means impossible. Who'd have thunk it 2 months ago, propping up the table.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home